Make the basil oil:
- In a small bowl, combine basil and olive oil, and puree using a hand-held mixer. Set aside.
Make the soup:
- Blanch tomatoes (see note below) and let cool, then cut each tomato into 8 quarters. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and cook onion until translucent, about 5 min.
- Add broth, tomatoes and cauliflower. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 15 min.
- Add basil and puree using a hand-held mixer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide soup into bowls and drizzle with basil oil before serving.
*How to blanch tomatoes:
- Remove stems from tomatoes and cut an “X” at the bottom of each.
- Drop tomatoes into a large pot of boiling water and leave them for no more than 1 min.
- Remove tomatoes from water, let cool, and then peel away the skin.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] SEPTEMBER 2016
Recipe: Josée Fiset