Preparation for soup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and celery, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cauliflower, Jerusalem artichoke and broth. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until all vegetables are fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender and blend until smooth. Pour soup back into same saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover soup and keep warm over low heat.
Preparation for prosciutto chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer prosciutto slices onto prepared baking sheet, well separated, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside until serving time.
Preparation for Jerusalem artichoke chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and mix in lemon juice.
- Using a mandoline, very thinly slice the 2 remaining Jerusalem artichokes over bowl of water and lemon juice.
- Once all slices are made, remove from bowl and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer slices onto prepared baking sheet, well separated. Add salt to taste.
- Bake slices until golden and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide soup among 6 bowls. Top each portion with prosciutto and Jerusalem artichoke chips and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JANUARY 2018
Recipe : Josée Fiset